Thursday 30 January 2014

The meetings have started

Even before getting engaged officially, we have sourced and met up with some of the vendors that we may be interested in. Well, actually as of now we have already secured our photography, videography and for HIS side, basically EVERYTHING. Mine? Soon soon I hope.
His side: Full booking done at Charisma D’ Venue. Personally I feel the place is a little small but his side is not expecting 1000 pax. Even though we have met them twice and they mentioned that it is possible as the timing is spread over 7 hours, I still need to see it to believe it heh. Anyway I’m just going to be there to smile and be a pengantin, and I know their food is AWESOME. As long as I get to eat and be in aircon the whole day, no sweat! ;P
So who did we book for photo+video? Well we just decided on Pixelmuse Photography. Saw their works on FB and Instagram before, and when we went down to EXPO their portfolio and albums caught our eyes. Over there we met with the videographers (2 sets of couples; 1 doing photo the other doing video) and the lady explained to us quite briefly regarding their packages. Pretty and dreamy. Plus their photovideo package was within our range (did we have a budget? Hahaha he’s paying for it! :P) but I didnt want him to burst his pockets lah. I was hesitant at first cos for video I really loved DVMP’s, but they do not have an attractive package.. almost $4k for just photovideo. I didnt like Pixelmuse’ video as much as DVMP but I guess I’m willing to settle for something similar. Its not bad, but not as awesome haha cukup2 lah. Then the second time we just wanted to look at their albums again so we went to their house (this time its the photography’s couple Yani and husb) which was just around the corner of my place! Good news so they dont have any reason to be late on the actual day. So after looking through and discussing further we placed the deposit there and then! Finally one thing of our minds. Just to settle on ONE part is causing us to pening already. Here’s some of their works from Facebook:
ImageImageImage
NOT bad right? So I hope they do a good job for ours, like in 14 months time? Hahahahaha tunggu bro tunggu.
Next was trying to decide on bridal. I am particular about shawl styling and pakaian muslimah. I dont want to wear something thats supposed to be revealing and then wearing a tshirt underneath. PANAS TAU TAK. And apa kene dengan bridal yang buat orang pakai baju sleeveless see through abeh pakai tudung? Ketiak tak shave pon nampak. BINGIT. So need to find those yang really cater to us. I only know of 1 bridal that has almost everything under the sun and their collections are very extensive that you will hyperventilate when you enter their showroom. Versari Ade! My sister took them 3 years ago and my mom couldnt stop raving about their ranges and stuffs. So we set an appointment and true enough, we already spot the colours that we are planning to wear. And they cater up to XL so I have to lose weight and not get any fatter. The lady ( Kak Aishah I think) who talked to us actually took a look at my butt hahaha tengok punggong besar ke tak and if can muat, and she said can, just dont go any bigger -_____-” I WAS A SIZE 10 K. WAS is the word. Make up wise, they have 10 mak andams so we have to choose which mak andam to take. Ingat pening kepala can stop there, just take Versari and thats all. But I am waiting for quotations from Peti Solek cos I like their makeups and bajus. We’ll see.
Initially I was so set to take Ishq by Nora Zee. Followed Naz during her appointment and after listening to her and read through her packages, not really suitable for our event of 2 days. We’ll definitely need to top up here and there for the hours, so it’s so gonna cost more than VA. And compare their collections (yes they’re new) might as well just go for VA. Nora is a nice lady but I feel that since now she’s really hot in demand, she wasn’t selling her packages, just showing and more of ‘you want you take I dont need to sell it’.. maybe thats just how I felt lah during the appointment. I may have to cancel mine after this since high chances I’m not engaging her.
We also went to Kahwin Kawin Bridal and Trading at Jalan Pinang. That place is puaka k belakang Fluff Bakery jer. Nasib appointment petang and cupcakes pon soldout. GOOD. So my first impression was… she talks too fast and too much. We spent 15 minutes just muting ourselves and listen to her speak. Well she was explaining about how she runs the business which was okay, but abit too long. Tend to cut in at times but at the end of it she’s a nice lady. Her packages (photo and bridal) is really attractive. Saw her photos and its nicely done and her collections, well, ada jugak I berkenan. However I cant seem to find alot of reviews about this company and me being me, everything must have reviews one. Thing is that when I told one of my vendor that I may consider her, she said nooo hahaha because of the makeup. But I did like it, maybe its the photoeditting. Hehe. She’s running a one-woman show so my concern was that she may be running around too much to execute her job properly. We’ll see.
So thats abourrit for bridal. We are very inclined to go Versari cos he likes the baju alot and confirm can find something that we like. Seriously felt like macam baru masok Kleinfield ala ala Say yes to the dress. We have to confirm it very very soon!
Ok next I’ll document my meeting with a deco company. Yeah I only went to meet 1 of them, even though the ones below are what I really really liked. But I guess I’ll settle for them! Have to mandi and GONG XI FAT CHOY!

1 comment:

  1. These are so cool!!! great tutorial with pictures

    Photo Book Printing products service - Photo book Printer help easy creation of valued photo products for instance Photo books, calendars and Photo Book Printing service.

    ReplyDelete