Saturday 1 February 2014

If you like it put a ring on it

And that is why I think engagements should be a small and minimal affair. Because really there’s nothing big about it if you don’t blow the occasion up and then feel all stressed up ala bridzilla. Cos you’re not a bride yet and there’s nothing much to be discussed about (ok some people do discuss in detail about the actual wedding but shouldnt that be a private affair?). Thats why ours is kept minimal… or so I thought.
I only asked GM to be there for me cos initially it was 3 aunts and 1 uncle, and his parents and brother. My sis and BIL were to be in JKT and bro was supposed to be working. And all adults and me being the young one, of course I needed support! Just to feel a little bit relaxed. So I asked for 4 GM to be around but we bought last minute tickets to the Lionsxii match that day, almost all of them turned up. No hal really. And then my aunt brought my cousin and husband and niece and another cousin came and everyone just terberanak lah. His family brought the kids as well so my humble place was pretty packed and noisy but I still love it! Its just family and bestfriendszzzz.

1545019_798141963532827_367315762_n

Nothing much was discussed because we already pre-planned it. This is just the official ‘sarung cincin’ ceremony to make our relationship official. Official meaning can put on Facebook and declare each other as future spouses insyaAllah if panjang umur (told him that the reason why I do not put my status publicly or photos of us together is because tak manis lah kan.. even after the relationship change also I am not that comfortable….yet). But atleast can tell people that I kena chop already hurhur.
Then at night we went over to Jalan Besar and catch Lionsxii VS Pahang and …. we lost. But atleast we managed to have a selfie with Fandi!!!!!!! Fangirl Fanboy moment!! I started to run after Fandi when he said “eh keep cool ah relek ah”. Eh if I tak lari we wouldnt be able to get THIS K
Shy ah our fat faces

And yeah we did it! As in get engaged and starting a future together. Never in a million years would I have thought and dream of this day to happen. But alhamdulillah.

0 comments:

Post a Comment